Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Day 4 | Ask Your Father


8/15/2018

Prayer is God's chosen method of meeting your needs. Some people think, “God knows what I need so I don't need to ask. He'll just give it to me when I need it.” That's not true. The Bible teaches that there are some things God has promised to do only if we pray. What are you lacking right now simply because you've never asked God for it?

 

 
 
I tell you the truth, my Father will give you whatever you ask in my name. Until now you have not asked for anything in my name. Ask and you will receive, and your joy will be complete.
 
John 16:23–24 (NIV)
 
 

 

REFLECT

 

What did you hear?
What did God say to you as you read today's Bible passage? What word or phrase was most meaningful to you?
 

 

What do you think?
What does this passage mean to you? How does it apply to your life?
 

 

What is your prayer?
This is where you turn your thoughts into prayer. It could be a prayer of gratitude or praise. It could be a prayer of confession or a request for God's help. It's up to you. But take a minute to write a prayer of response to God.


Prepared by Saddleback Community Church

No comments:

Post a Comment