Sunday, August 12, 2018

Day 1 | Your Lifeline to God


8/12/2018

Prayer is God’s idea. He created you to pray—it’s part of your human makeup. Prayer keeps you connected to God, like a branch on a vine. It keeps you tapped into your source of life. It’s your way of saying, “God, I need your help! I’m totally dependent on you.” A branch that’s separated from the vine cannot bear fruit. It simply withers and dies. But a branch that’s connected remains strong and hardy through all the seasons of life, even the most desolate of winters. Stay connected to God in prayer. It’s the only way to live.

 

 
I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. If you do not remain in me, you are like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned. If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you.
 
John 15:5–7 (NIV)
 

 

REFLECT

 

What did you hear?
What did God say to you as you read today's Bible passage? What word or phrase was most meaningful to you?
 

 

What do you think?
What does this passage mean to you? How does it apply to your life?
 

 

What is your prayer?
This is where you turn your thoughts into prayer. It could be a prayer of gratitude or praise. It could be a prayer of confession or a request for God's help. It's up to you. But take a minute to write a prayer of response to God.
 

Prepared by Saddleback Community Church

No comments:

Post a Comment