Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Day 24 | Freedom from Guilt



 

9/4/2018

God doesn’t want you feeling guilty. He wants you to be free. The only way to be free from guilt is to confess. When you confess your sin to God, you’re not telling him anything he doesn’t already know. He just wants you to own up to it. And when you do, he promises to forgive you then and there, no questions asked. And he never brings it up again. That’s what grace is all about.

 

 
 
What happiness for those whose guilt has been forgiven! What joys when sins are covered over! What relief for those who have confessed their sins and God has cleared their record. There was a time when I wouldn’t admit what a sinner I was. But my dishonesty made me miserable and filled my days with frustration. All day and all night your hand was heavy on me. My strength evaporated like water on a sunny day until I finally admitted all my sins to you and stopped trying to hide them. I said to myself, “I will confess them to the Lord.” And you forgave me! All my guilt is gone.
 
Psalm 32:1-5 (TLB)
 
 

 

REFLECT

 

What did you hear?
What did God say to you as you read today's Bible passage? What word or phrase was most meaningful to you?

 

What do you think?
What does this passage mean to you? How does it apply to your life?

 

What is your prayer?
This is where you turn your thoughts into prayer. It could be a prayer of gratitude or praise. It could be a prayer of confession or a request for God's help. It's up to you. But take a minute to write a prayer of response to God.
 
Prepared by Saddleback Community Church

 
 
 
   
 
 
 
 
   
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment